Discovered by Sir Elton John five years ago, 18 year-old singer Tallia Storm has gone on to become one of the red carpet’s most-photographed fashion stars. As she launches her latest single Still In Love (talliastorm.com), the Instagram sensation exclusively talks HELLO! readers through her favourite red carpet looks and how to recreate them.
1. “My Brit Awards 2017 Gucci red carpet look has to be one of my all-time favourites. There’s something about an undone wave that is always my go-to look and frills and ruffles are all over the high street right now. I live for a dark liner and defined brows – I love the intensity of the eyes contrasting against my neutral MAC cosmetics Velvet Teddy lipstick, £16.50. I finished the look with MAC’s ‘2 Lash’ False Lashes, £11.50.”
2. “Burgundy is one of those unique colours that works no matter what skin tone you have – it always looks so mysterious. At the MTV EMA awards in Rotterdam I let my lips do the talking in matching plum tones using MAC’s ‘Dark Side’ lipstick, £16.50, with a set of feathered lashes from this amazing online shop called Eldora that does SUCH affordable lashes, mine were about £7 (eldorashop.co.uk). I finished the look with a low textured ponytail allowing the front strands of hair fall onto my face because sometimes ‘undone’ is better than ‘too done’.
3. For the I AM BOLT world premiere I went for a classic up’do and got my amazing gold dress from (very.co.uk) and my heels from Public Desire (publicdesire.com). My stylist created this romantic look by gathering my natural curls into a loose bun and pinning down any run-a-ways. It was crucial to spray the elegant updo with my go-to L’Oreal Elnett Supreme Hold hairspray, £6.70 from Boots. I can’t tell you how many celebrity friends of mine use this. Sticking with the Hollywood Glam inspiration, I kept my makeup neutral. Sometimes it is better to let your legs do the talking!
4. When I want to feel super feminine my first port of call is the Michael John salon in Knightsbridge to get a set of Gold Fever Hair extensions, from £99, (michaeljohn.co.uk). For The Brit Awards red carpet in 2016 I went for cascading waist-length layers in a loose beach wave. Swept to one side I wanted to draw attention to the detail of the amazing Balmain for H&M dress, £299. It sold out within seconds and is still one of my most treasured wardrobe items. We created this look with Rimmel’s Scandal Eyes Thick & Thin Eyeliner, £5.49, – for that slick, colour intense look. Complimented with defined brows using Rimmel’s Brow This Way, eyebrow kit, £3.99.
5. Finally, this contoured glow for the Scottish Fashion Awards 2016 is another one of my beauty highlights and I can tell you a funny story about how I got it. When my makeup artist Marcello got out a MAC cosmetics ‘lip glass’, £15, to apply to my cheeks to use as a highlighter I thought he was mad! But my highlight had never been so fantastic. Try it ladies, it will change your life. (maccosmetics.co.uk/…) I swept my locks into two french braids joined at the back to draw attention to this gorgeous embroidered gown by Spanish designer Alfredo Villalba (alfredovillalbafash…)